Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
November 11, 2016
- 1 pkg. "JIFFY" Golden Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained (reserve 1/2 cup of juice)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt margarine or butter in 8” square or 9” round pan and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place pineapple over margarine or butter and brown sugar mixture. Set aside. In separate bowl, beat cake mix, egg and reserved juice for 4 minutes on medium. Pour over pineapple mixture. Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 1 - 2 minutes. Invert on serving plate. Cool or serve warm.