Fletcher’s Favorite Chicken Parmesan
November 11, 2016
- Olive oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 oz dry bread crumbs (I like Panko crumbs for extra crunch)
- 1 tsp or to taste Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tsp Parmesan Cheese (divided)
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 (16 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly add olive oil to cast iron skillet.
- Pour egg into a shallow bowl and beat slightly
- Mix bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and 1 tsp Parmesan cheese (tip: I mix it at at home and bring in a Ziplock for easy use). Dip chicken into egg then into bread crumbs. Place coated chicken in cast iron skillet and bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and cover with Mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan on top and return to oven for about 15 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
- **Serving Suggestion: I usually cook pasta as a side to use the remaining sauce and serve with salad.