Looking for a fun way to spend the day? Head out to the Fairplex (located in Pomona, Ca) to the 62nd Annual California RV Show! This premier RV show is put on by RVIA (Recreation Vehicle Industry Association) and is the largest RV show in California.
Why should I attend? I am not in the market to buy an RV…
This provides the best opportunity to browse all kinds of different types of RV’s from micro trailers to Class-A diesel pushers. You have the chance to check out 60 different brands of RV’s all in one place. It wasn’t until last years show did I realize how many RV/Trailer types, layouts and options were available. This is the perfect first step in getting some ideas on what might work best for your family and evaluate your must haves/absolutely not.
Thinking of purchasing?
This show is the best place to do it. With over 1,200 RV’s to choose from, you are bound to find a few you love. There are 21 RV dealers there and willing to deal. I saw some markdowns as much as $15,000 under sticker price. Prepare to bargain.
Since this is put on by the RV industry association, they also offer some great seminars conducted by industry experts, not manufactures, so there is no sales slant. The seminars are on a variety of topics such as: How to Buy an RV (informative), Traveling with Pets, Cool RV Tools and Gadgets, and travel seminars (Alaska, Route 66, National Park, etc.).
They also have all types of vendors there including local Southern California campgrounds, Good Sam Club, suppliers of RV services and equipment. Lots of drawings for free nights and even a Lance travel trailer!
Here are a few other cool things going on:
– Appearances by sport legends and Bret Michaels promoting his charity Life Rocks
– Airstream Slalom Course
– Vintage Camper area
– Amerigo Dog Park (dogs are welcome)!
– Dates: Open every day now until Sunday, October 19th
– $10 Adults, Military Free, Kids 17 & under Free
– Kid’s Wagons available for rent
– $10 (charged by L.A. Fairplex), RVs park Free during show hours
– Address for Fairplex: Gate 9, 2200 N. White Ave, Pomona, CA 91768
– Bring lots of water! Hard to find at the show
– Wear comfortable shoes – there is a lot of walking
– It’s warm so bring your hat and sunscreen
– They sell food but not big selection, bring snacks and/or lunch (that is what we do)!
Can’t make it this time? RVIA is adding a Spring RV Show (just in time for summer camping) April 15th-19th, 2015. See you there!!